Am Sonntag, dem 13.02.2022 um 15:18 -0700 schrieb Hal Kierstead via
lyx-users:

> I have similar questions, but almost no experience with child
> documents. Ideally I would like to be able to first compile the
> entire document, and then edit and compile a child document,
> separately from the rest of the master document, but still see
> citations and reference numbers as they will appear when the entire
> document is compiled. Can LyX manage this? If not would this be a
> reasonable enhancement request?

Yes. Document > Settings > Child Document from the master, include only
the desired child and click "Maintain counters and references". The
master is printed as well, so it is advised to have a master that
basically consists of inclusions of children only.

Jürgen