I am writing a book where each chapter is typed in a child document. The book
contains citation from a bib file.

I am following the instructions here
(https://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Multidoc#multipart-bib) and am pretty sure I created
my branch correctly.

I created a master file, inserted the bib database into it, created a branch,
created a child document, activated the branch in this child doc, and also
deativated the branch in the master doc.

However, I now compile the first chapter and it seems that no information
regarding the bib database is included in it. When I export this child document
to a tex file, nothing related to biblatex is in the preamble.

How can I print the cited work when compiling only this chapter?

A MWE is attached as a zip file.