On 29.06.04, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
>
> > the following should work (i.e. works for me):
> >
> > <title line>
> > \thispagestyle{empty} % needed for page 1
> > \pagestyle{empty}
> > <pretext>
> > \frontmatter
>
>   Yes, ... as long as I change to \pagestyle{headings} before the ToC.
>
>   The Layout->Document->Page style was "default", but that didn't tell me
> what default was. As soon as I put \pagestyle{empty} after the title _all_
> pagination was removed.

So a simple Layout->Document->Page style == "empty" together with with
\pagestyle{headings} as ERT before the ToC should do the trick.

>   Why does the explicit \pagestyle{empty} fix the problem when
> \thispagestyle{empty} was not sufficient by itself?

I had this problem as well some time ago. I think it is related to the
special nature of the titlepage (which gets a special pagestyle,
modifying the default).

Also, only text in the Author, Date, Title, ... paragraphs go to the
titlepage. Just curious: Did you try what happens, if you set the
\thispagestyle{empty} ERT not in a standard paragraph but in the author,
say?

Günter

G.Milde at web.de