On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 08:21:00PM +0200, zweetsmoel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it always happens when you need the bloody thing ;-)
>
> i urgently need to edit and render my CV with lyx. unfortunately lyx
> gives the following error when starting:  symbol lookup error:
> src/lyx: undefined symbol: _Z13qFlagLocationPKc
>
> i tried re-installing lyx 1.6.2, re-installing Qt, i even build 1.6.3
> from source,... but nothing helps :\  googling did not save my day, so
> i'm asking here, because i'm stuck. please.... any suggestions? my
> guess this is Qt related, but i have not a single clue how to fix that
>
> running on ubuntu 9.04, with qt 4.5 (i think)

The LyX your are trying to start wants to use an older version of Qt
than the one that was used when LyX was compiled.

This may e.g. happen when you use a self-compiled recent version of Qt
to build LyX and on startup it picks up the older system version.
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH apropriately helps in those cases.

Andre'