I initially had the same problem on linux. If I recall correctly, when I
compiled lyx 2 for the first time I didn't have the aspell development files
installed (libaspell-dev package under debian) so the configuration run didn't
find it and compiled lyx without aspell support.

I later installed it and recompiled but I also had to delete the .lyx-2.0 user
directory and let lyx reconfigure for it to enable spell support. A simple
reconfigure wasn't enough.

I am seeing two small problems with the inline spell checker though
1. It's leaving around some of the red wigly lines, they are not fully cleaned
up properly when not needed any more
2. It won't work inside some of the inset (lyx note comes to mind, don't recall
about others) as it's popping up the inset menu instead of the spell menu. The
two menus should be combined