I'm writing mine as we speak. I have chosen memoir and never turned
back. Basic stuff is basic, works perfectly with LyX and its layout is
very nice. A big library on chapter title styles is a plus. I have
tried Koma before, but never liked it completely. R is a must for nice
plots, as well as Inkscape for fingerpainting. Biblatex is another
nice addition. Please, feel free to ask any question you have. Best
regards.
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com