Hi all,

I run Lyx 1.6.6.1 under Windows and use Jabref 2.6 to create my *.bib file
for the references I use in Lyx via Insert>List/TOC>BiBTex Bibliography'.
That all worked fine so far for the last 2 years, gaining insights about
coding in jabref and dabandoning endnote for good on this way so far.

What confuses me these days, is that I cannot recall to have changed
anything relevant from last week to this in my *.bib reference file. I might
have added about 10 more references or deleted a couple.
However, the last times I tried to use my added bibliography in Lyx via
"Insert> Citation" it has been missing all entries in my *.bib file or
jabref library alphabetically onwards from Wi*** to Z.
The number of my references in my library is 1898 (!). Is there a cut-off I
am not aware off?

Information that might be important:
- coding of my library: Cp1252
- BiBTexbibliography style in Lyx: elsarticle-harv

I will cut the bibliography in two shorter lists and save them separately as
*.bib and try to use them together in lyx (a new and my old files) for
starters.
Any other suggestions?

Any help would be highly appreciated (my thesis is due in 4 weeks...yet
again good timing, isn't it?:)).
Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Birte