Hello,

I've managed to get minipages working within floats such as
figure and table.  I also made a small mod to accompany this to
ensure correct operation with subfigures.  So with this patch you
can have a figure float with two minipages -- one holding two
subfigures and the other one subfigure.  Why this example?
because that's what I was trying to do when I decided LyX needed
fixing :-)   
(FYI the subfigures are two .eps files and one tabular)

The patch is actually only about 5 lines and simply changes two
conditional statements.  I've tested it with most of the example
and documentation files from LyX and a few of my own but I don't
have much stuff that uses minipages or uses footnotes.
(UserGuide works fine though, as does the Minipages example file)
You'll probably see a line removed from between a figure/table
and its accompanying caption but this shouldn't affect the output.
In fact I have to remove this extra line so subfigures will work
with tabulars.

I'm reluctant to commit this to CVS so close to 0.12.1 without
a few others trying it first.  I don't think it would break anything...
but.

Regards,
Allan. (ARRae)

P.S. If this patch tests okay I'll append my test file to the minipage
     example file.

arrae-980923.patch

Reply via email to