On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Juergen Vigna wrote:
> On 23-Sep-98 Allan Rae wrote:
> >
> > Here it is but you'll have to supply your own .eps files.
> > Otherwise it should be okay.
> >
> > What it did wrong before was display onscreen as minipage
> > but wouldn't output minipage code to the LaTeX file.
> >
> > There is also a small kludge (ERT) to get my table in as
> > a subfigure.
> >
>
> You DARE !!! #:O)
I did!
> Ok I've seen now. Great work. I opt you commit this to cvs :), as this
> fixes actually not only a missing feature, BUT a BUG, as we produce wrong
> latex-code if this is not in!!!
I think I might have to make a third revision before I commit to cvs --
need to be sure tables in footnotes are okay... which reminds me:
Is there any good reason why tables are treated as separate paragraphs?
Why do I ask?
Well, try centering the first subfigure and table in the example file and
take a look at the output from LyX. The only way (I found) to centre
these two items in the minipage is with more ERT because LyX wants to put
a "\par}" after the existing bit of ERT -- since it thinks the table is
starting a new paragraph -- then again maybe this is a bug and LyX doesn't
think tables are always a new paragraph...
> Asger one question. I've seen that the vertical lines showing that we
> are in a minipage do not see the height of a figure and so they are only
> one normal text-row height instead of the height of the figure. Could we
> fix this easily?
Here's another one to consider:
How do we put a label in a subfigure?
I think this was already asked a month ago. Apart from a bit more ERT via
the subfigure-caption box and then for each reference we can't have labels
for subfigures -- unless we add another entry box to the figure popup...
and get this interacting with the reference/label code.
Allan. (ARRae)