Well put ;-)

Interesting that clicking a button on a web site seems more effective than
exchanging an email with a seller. A friend of mine died a year ago and his
e-store site is still up as though nothing had happened; you could wait a
while for a reply ;-)

A sign of the times I guess, when personal contact is perceived as riskier
than a flashy web site...

I suppose folks are used to actual business sites selling stuff for
Commodores etc. instead of the more personal and friendly atmosphere in
this community, where even 'serious' sellers are active and accessible
participants. I'd think that just being on a site as community-based as
Bitchin100 would suggest that it's not likely a scam.