Exactly Lee but this was a survey of 91,000 people between 2014 and 2017 with
their experiences rather than Consumer Report testing….that’s a pretty large
sample..and similar to the methodology on Auto reliability….I’ve even had a few
of their questionnaires mailed to me for completion….

This is more trustworthy than your example below for us to decide to make a
purchase.  I used these reliability numbers to purchase our last Washer and
Dryer as well as other products…It’s like looking for consumer ratings of a
product when shopping on line….there have been many items I thought I wanted
until I read the reviews…..it’s the same with the Surface….if this many folks
are having problems it’s not a product I want to purchase and am thankful the
information is made available to us.