On 9/22/2016 10:02 AM, Sag ich Dir nich wrote:

> setp hpg.pwmgen.00.out.00.pin       915
> setp hpg.pwmgen.00.out.00.enable    1
> setp hpg.pwmgen.00.out.00.value     0.0
> net spindle-speed-cmd motion.spindle-speed-out-abs =>
> hpg.pwmgen.00.out.00.value
> net spindle-on motion.spindle-on => hpg.pwmgen.00.out.00.enable
>
> but somehow the motor, as i turn the machine on, starts to rotate like it
> vibrates (turns on and off like 20-30hz)

What are the values on spindle-speed-cmd and spindle-on when this
happens?  You can monitor them with halcmd, halmeter, or halscope.

> and when i press the spindle cw button at 100%, the motor turns smooth but if
> use spindle override it vibrates, but also spins, more, the more i go to 0%
> (even at 0% the motor vibrates at a low frequency)
>
> m3 and m5 commands as well as spindle speed commands are ignored = no change

Note that by default, the pwmgen has a scale of 1.0 (0.0=off, 1.0=on),
so you might want to change this to match up better with your motor
driver (perhaps 0-100 for percent, or scale for apx. RPM).

I doubt that's causing your problem, but it can be confusing
sometimes.  I think your issue is either with the commanded values, or
the floating motor drive input (below).

> i have connected 5v to the extruder power input (P402) but no GND connected
> on
> the terminal because i am using the extruder 0 output for PWM (i know it is
> for
> 12-24v but the motor controller works with 5v)

The FET outputs will happily switch any voltage lower than 12V (for
the low-power outputs) or 24V (for the high-power outputs).  You can
switch 5V (or even 3.3V) just fine.

Note when the output is switched off, it is essentially floating (the
FET is turned off, and there is no low-impedance path to the supply
rail) so you'll probably want some sort of pull-up on the output
(unless there is already one in the motor control).  If there's noise
around your spindle motor (likely) this could be why you're having
problems at low speed when the FET is mostly off.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net