Just a FYI that I have released 2 new stretch based images that are much
more stable than the previous Jessie ones.

U-boot 2018.01,  4.9.76-ltsi-rt kernel

Also one is a desktop image running LXQT with kwin and even though there is
some latency in loading, I find the windows to be much more responsive
with instantainios drag around etc.
And axis seems to run quite well with preview (see video demo).

https://github.com/the-snowwhite/soc-image-buildscripts/releases/tag/Release_2.0