BTW, did someone else (than Zultron) try to use the core isolation feature
to "turn on" back the step signal generation in software? My electrotrash
which I use for Machinekitdoes not have cores to spare.

And Elephant period is nice name. The servo period was always problematic
name - maily because when one say "servo" most people think of AC PMSM,
maybe some driver.

C.