I find it absolutely shady that Adobe still insists that people download and
use their stuff. To bad Windows doesn't run things in a sandbox, like the mac
does. That way, users would be aware, oh my gosh, adobe is trying to install
something else on my pc, let me just click this button that tells this crap to
go away.
I can't tell you how many times the adobe updater has popped up
demanding that I update to the latest revision of Acrobat  pdf reader. IF only
there was that glorious little checkbox to not bug me about this anymore! I
always have to click remind me later. And what does it do? It takes my request,
files it away, and reminds me the next time I open it up and try to read a pdf
file.
Shady company indeed.