This is a MapHist list message.
This list will close soon. Please continue the discussions at the MapHist
Forum: http://www.maphist.nl/forum
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

I also prefer a listserv more than a forum. I frequently am cruising and pay US$ 0.80 per minute for a slow satellite Internet connection. I can download about 20 messages in 3 minutes and then read the messages offline. I can write answers to the messages offline, and then upload about 5 messages in 1 minute. There is no way I could search a forum in that period of time.

Also, even when I am home and not subject to the expense of an Internet connection, it is very time consuming to search a forum for new posts. It is much more efficient to have new posts sent to me automatically.

Peter has done a fabulous job moderating this listserv, and I thank him very much. I look forward to subscribing to Jay Lester's listserv.

John Docktor