This is a MapHist list message.
This list will close soon. Please continue the discussions at the MapHist
Forum: http://www.maphist.nl/forum
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

>I hope that Map History Discussion by Email fills a need that proves temporary, and that a Map History listserv will be reincarnated.

Maybe it is good to read the topic 'advantages over list-serv' (dating from 2007) on the phpBB communities forum:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=600139

I full agree with the final remark

"For low-traffic groups where everyone is interested in what everyone else has to say, a listserv is fine. But for more active and diverse communities a board (phpbb or otherwise) is a far better solution than a mailing list"

Peter

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Dr Peter van der Krogt
Map Historian, Explokart Research Program
Faculty of Geo-sciences, University of Utrecht
P.O. Box 80.115
3508 TC  UTRECHT, The Netherlands
e-mail: p.c.j.vanderkr...@uu.nl
Homepage: <http://cartography.geo.uu.nl/vanderkrogt>
MapHist: <http://www.maphist.nl>
Private websites: <http://www.vanderkrogt.net>

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PER ANGUSTA AD AUGUSTA YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Maphist mailing list
Maphist@geo.uu.nl