#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Cathy Campo via Marxism wrote: > I fear this thread is becoming repetitive.
Louis:  Yup.

These two replies are exactly why Clay (and I) often comment about the
"Whiteness" of these kinds of discussions. How dare someone like Clay press a
point when he is challenged and how convenient it becomes for White radicals to
judge such responses as "repetitive" and others assenting so as, essentially,
to signal "they" have ended the conversation for us. I was about to reply to
Clay for what i believe were his mistaken views on issues of "localism" and the
perception that he is being challenged because he has nothing to say if he
isn't "there". However, the discussion is considered ended because it is
"repetitive", which to any activist of color engaged in numerous political
debates has always meant that "our" desire to engage in debate is subject to
dismissal at the behest of Whites who simply don't to hear what we have to say
or consider a contrary view: especially from people of color or women.
I do not even agree with Clay  on the issues in this thread, but not because I
believe that his method--to disagree by metaphor or short commentary indicating
a point of view--is "repetitive" or otherwise exhausting the conversation. I
have more in common with Cathy's and Kevin's (glad to see that the last message
from Cathy was in her own voice rather than as a "couple"). However, I am
forced to come to Clay's defense because of the utter dismissive, thoroughly
privileged, "entitled" attitude that "repetitive" and "yup" so drippingly
convey.
End Of Line