#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The first time I heard a great Mozart opera, I remember how sexist and classist
its plot was. I left the music hall filled with wonder at how good the music
was and how socially defective the plot and lyrics were.  Nobody is suggesting
that we throw Mozart out the window.  One can focus on the beautiful while not
forgetting the ugly and the context within which it was written.