On 3/21/07, Fernando Perez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And yes, properties are actually OK even with 2.2, so there's no
> reason to avoid them (and they do provide a nicer, claner user API).
> Decorators are 2.4-only though.

I'm not opposed to properties in principle -- I just didn't want to
start incorporating  them by happenstance.  We have the long running
unresolved issue of whether to use traits or properties, so I scrubbed
the properties as a foolish consitency, to stick to one design
approach until we have made a formal decision on how we want to
approach this, and then port mpl properties en masse.

But I think it would be a good idea to go ahead and derive Artist from
object to make sure this doesn't cause any troubles, and likewise for
the other top level classes, eg FigureCanvasBase and friends.

JDH