We had massive flooding here in 1997 and to the best of my knowledge there was
no looting or shooting.

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Redghost
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 4:06 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Supreme Court upholds gun rights

I disagree about just how close to chaos we find ourselves.   This
thin veneer of civilization will be swept away quicker than any of us
suspects and those armed and willing to protect will be in the best
position to prosper.

The midwest flooding, as well as Katrina could well have been far
worse had there not been a fully functional society able to send in
assistance.   With rising fuel and food costs, we will be strapped to
respond to future disasters.   And other nations will be in much the
same limited position to respond, resulting in our great nation
becoming a second world country for lack of infrastructure.

At this point, it will be good to have an option to protect oneself
when police no longer are willing or able to respond.    I would much
prefer to quickly resolve violence against my family or person with
something more stout than a garden rake.

clay