That's horse crap if the BioD is properly washed and NOT rancid. Fuel system problems are mostly cause by the solvent nature of BioD washing out the crap that years of PetroD usage left behind. Other issues are due to soy oils being the quickest to go rancid, on the order of 6mo or so. Other oils (peanut, canola/rapeseed, corn) have a much longer shelf life and will not cause pitting of your fuel system.

When the BioD is properly washed to rid it of excess methanol and lye, then dried to remove water, the ONLY downside is that it has less energy per molecule than diesel and your fuel economy will be less. Countering that, is that BioD has about 20% MORE oxygen than PetroD and burns much more completely.

 Luther   KB5QHU    Oak Park, IL
'87 300SDL (312,xxx mi)
'91 Dodge Ram 150 (290,xxx mi)