Who cares about devaluing the car?  If you save $5000 in fuel then you can
afford to lose a few bucks if you decide to resell.  Doesn't take long to
make one of our old beaters into a free car at over 4 dollars a gallon for
diesel.
  And NO biodiesel is not easier by any means.  There is much more work
involved.

Mike