It's a good thing I didn't put the carpet back in yet, after a hard rain
last night there is water on the passenger floor again.  Less water than
before, so progress has been made.

Read on peach parts that on some 124 cars, the front drain tubes shrink
with age and the bottom end pulls back into the A pillar.

I also researched the wagon roof luggage rack, and each of the side rails
have long rubber seals under them.  If that is the source of the leak, I'm
not looking forward to removing the headline to pull those rails and
replace the rubber seals.