Ralph,

I think he was referring to the mechanic.

If you're dropping the transmission, which one would have to do in order to
check the TC, you would also expect to closely inspect the front (pump) cover
as its exposed and easy to reach at that time. If there's the slightest hint of
seepage/leakage, one would expect to replace the pump gaskets and seals. It's a
quick, easy and inexpensive jib to do under those circumstances.

I would be looking for another mechanic.

Dan

Sent from my iPad