On Tuesday, January 31, 2006, at 02:20 AM, Brian Chase wrote:

Ah. Key info. I often wonder which might be the most vital tools to include in an emergency kit. I'll make belt replacement tools part of my kit.

Brian
83 240D

Replacing the belts before they're worn out might be a good idea. Most people carry no tools and wouldn't know how to use them. They get around just fine. These cars are so reliable, if maintained properly there should be no need for tools. Maybe a set of fuel filters, a philips screwdriver, and wrench for the "spin-on". Just in case you get bad fuel in your travels. In all my years of driving MB diesels, I have never broken down. Not bad for a couple of million miles.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am