Cheap Crosman pellet gun is your answer. Quiet (except when I lube the barrel then you get a supersonic crack as the pellet exits the barrel) and effective once tuned a bit. I have cleaned out the squirrel infestation in the immediate area, at least until my wife refills the squirrel feeders, and then I will have more to deal with as the ones with no knowledge of the Crosman re-infestate the area.

--R