On 14/08/2015 3:21 PM, Mitch Haley via Mercedes wrote:

On August 14, 2015 at 4:07 PM Rich Thomas via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

This is actually a good deal for the electric co -- they can keep their
baseload plants spinning at times of low demand and not have to build as
much intermediate and peaking capacity.  In aggregate it probably adds
up.  I think too, it goes back to the original rural electrification
when every house needed a porch light they kept on all night.  Probably
for a similar reason.
Yeah, they're not doing Kaleb a favor, he's doing them a favor.

Mitch.

I don't know about that.

If they install the light and maintain it and provide the power to light it whenever it is dark for $10 a month, then I doubt he could do that any other way for that amount of money.
So, if he wants it, I suggest it is a good deal.

RB