DAS is quite expensive is it not? The VCDS cable for my VW was something like
$300 brand new, the software is free once you've bought the cable.

-Curt

      From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Okie Benz <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
 Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2015 1:38 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] CHANGE YOUR FUSES!

I felt much the same way, although I put my concerns aside in a compromise for
the deal I got on the car.

That being said, I have to say that if you have the DAS software and
multiplexer, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis is amazingly simple on these
cars.  You pretty much plug the computer in, run the diagnostics, and it tells
you what’s wrong (or not) and allows you to reset any fault codes.

The DAS software even gives you the links to the repair procedures and suggests
possible problems based on the fault.

It also gives you the ability to alter operating parameters as well.  I made
some simple changes on my car so it thinks it was delivered to a hot part of
the world.  As a result of the changes, my engine runs a bit cooler and my AC
is a lot more efficient.

If you don’t have the DAS, you’re pretty much left to guess at the problem.

Dan