I bought the 82 300CD at a neighborhood yard sale  and started looking for
ideas when the Seattle M-B dealer quoted me  $9400 for some engine work. Found
mbz.org and bought a good motor from  a fellow lister for $100, successfully
installed it with a stream of  online assistance.  We're still at it, only one
rule:  Car  must be running and licensed in short order.

  True story:  One Sunday the minister at our church brought all the  children
up to the front of the entire congregation, and inquired if  anyone knew of a
hobby that could turn into an obsession.  Our six  year old immediately chirped
out "Like fixing old cars??"   The  church went totally silent and I could feel
all the eyes turning my way  while I stared straight ahead...

  Bruce

"Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Would be interesting to find
out how people came to be on this list(or
the previous mbz.org)

I will start, I was lead to the RE and MBCA list by Diann Quinn from
Chicago(wisonsin maybe), signed up.  Was on the MBCA list till it was
canned by the high and mighty at the home office.  Later kicked off the
RE list and was a founding charter memember of mbz.org in 98(or was it
99?)  Anyway, thats my story.
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,

Bruce
82 300CD 334kmi 'His'
85 300CD 240kmi 'Hers'
75 240D 202kmi 'Donner'