Definitely look up Cowboy Bebob and Trigun, both are for adult audiences, there
is plenty of violence in each but its not gratuitous, it lends to the story.
Bebop in particular is probably the most "American Friendly" anime ever, they
even made a movie and it doesn't suck. The music in both is outstanding.

For truely raunchy stuff you'd want to look at John K's stuff after Ren &
Stimpy...
I went to film school remember, we used to go to Spike and Mike's Sick and
Twisted Film Festival every year...
-Curt

On Thursday, August 10, 2017, 11:20:31 AM EDT, Dan--- via Mercedes