Yes, I figured out that was for a 123, but it gave me the filename of what I was looking for. I found that on the 126 CD, but it didn't get into troubleshooting the sensors that feed input to the Klima relay. Turns out, I didn't need to go that far. Thankfully!

Many thanks, Marshall, Bruce and others who helped with this. As I guessed, there were multiple, compounding issues, Aspirator tube not on all the way, failed Klima, and leaky compressor. but now I have one fixed, and know what else i need to do.

Loren

At 09:31 PM 4/21/2006, you wrote:
B Dike wrote:
> Here it is again, Loren:
>
> http://skinnerbox.steaky.org/Service/W123/w123CD2/Program/Climate/83-601a.pdf
>
>   Good Luck,
>
>   Bruce
>
> Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: A few months ago, someone posted a link to a troubleshooting guide for the
> ACC.  I have been searching around, but can't find anything.  Is there
> anyone who remembers this posting and could direct me to it.  This is for
> the pushbutton system with the temp wheel on the left and the fan speed 3
> pushbuttons on the right, with the 5 pushbuttons across the center.  I
> found a post from Marshall where he said electric or vacuum failure cause
> it to go to the defrost condition.  I don't have that condition.
>
> 86 SDL Symptoms:
> AC quit blowing cold abruptly last fall.  I don't think the control is
> turning on the compressor.
> Heat is full on (4 left buttons) or off (O button).
> Fan speed works normally in all 3 positions.
> THe 5 pushbuttons seem to work normally
>
> I figured on a warm day, I'd try jumping the compressor clutch to see if
> that makes it cool.  But that doesn't get at the root cause.

The 123 diagnostic tells you NOTHING about the circuitry for saving the
serp belt used on OM60x diesel engines and other Mercedes using
Nippondenso compressors.

You need the diagnostics for the '86+ 126s, 124s or 201s.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84
190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)