Loren Faeth wrote:
Next question: How on earth do you get those 2 back bolts started when you put humpty back together??

I finally got the pump out. What a pain. Sure makes me appreciate a 110/111 and even a 123 240D! It is a nifty design, before they hang on the intake manifold and all the accessories. I hope I never have to do this again!

Everyone I know has found the M103 water pump to be a challenge (the first time). After the first time, it's just a pain!

This from another list:

I would not put a M103 water pump in the easy to medium catagory. It is
more in the medium to heavy duty catagory. Book time for the water pump is
almost four hours..it is not all that easy. A really good fast Benz mechanic who has done many can knock it out in about 2-2.5 hours, maybe..It's not that it is a
particularly difficult job, but I think a lot of mechanical experience would
really help
in the process.
Stu

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)