From: Mercedes <mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com> on behalf of OK Don via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 9:34 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: OK Don <okd...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mercedes is selling vaporware

The Mitsubishi mini-split we had installed last year is rated for either 5
or 10F. It has been down to 15F so far, and it held the temp just fine. The
temp is supposed to drop to 12F tonight - we'll see.It's also very quiet.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 7:46 PM Dwight Giles via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> yes we just had one rated 4F installed in our church rectory.
>  the one we put in our house 15 years ago is rated 30F for heat
>
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2022, 6:00 PM dan penoff.com via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually, there are heat pumps now rated for lower temperatures. My
> > insulation guys in Flagstaff offered me a mini-split that’s good down to
> 4F
> > (-15C) for the casita. Granted, I can’t imagine the air temperature
> coming
> > out of it would be that great, but it’s supposed to produce heat down to
> > that ambient temperature.
> >
> > I passed for now, but I may still do it so I can disable the old gas wall
> > furnace that’s currently in there.
> >
> > -D
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> >
> > > On Jan 5, 2022, at 3:08 PM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
> > mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > It really isn't a problem for Tesla owners to keep the car warm in
> > really cold weather. They just light it on fire and it burns hot for
> days.
> > >
> > > Heat pumps for houses don't work here in the winter temperatures. They
> > are fine in spring and fall but come winter, you will be relying upon
> > electric heat built in to the heat pump system.
> > >
> > > Randy

> Virginia.

> which
> > would be a heavy drain on the batteries, but use a heat pump system which
> > should be more efficient, at least as long as it's not *too* cold
> outside.

> > would compare as far as keeping warm enough to prevent hypothermia in a
> > "stranded in a blizzard" scenario.

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!