It depends upon the heat pump I think. I got in a debate on that recently on
Reddit. Apparently there are heat pumps that will work down to 5F (-15
Canadians) which is pretty good.
For the house up north I'm debating a geothermal system to replace the current
oil burner. We've got good access around the house and a high water table which
will help.
-Curt

    On Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 05:08:38 PM EST, Randy Bennell via Mercedes