I watched over lunch a jay leno vid of the EQS prototype or whatever it was. He
was with the MB marketing director or whatever who was an inane ADHD
marketing-bullshit-spewing twit. The review was quite superficial, mostly about
the vid screens and various electronic functions (scents!) and aerodynamics
(Cd=.20).  Nothing about the car’s handling, power, ride experience, etc.

Jay mentioned a few times a 400mi range but it wasn’t clear if that was the 2
or 4 motor version. And how real world factors would affect the range.

The design was basically a wind tunnel jellybean exercise with some Benz
graphics elements to indicate it was a Benz. The interior was nice as you would
expect from an S, the 56” screens across the entire dash were the main selling
point. The marketing dude was extremely excited about that.

I’m sure it is an excellent highly-engineered car and will offer a great user
experience.

In 2032 I will buy one for $3k off The Zuckerbook from a guy who ran it into
the ground and left it parked under a tree behind his trailer and hack some
batteries with some cheap chinee EBay knockoffs and maybe get it running again.
If the nannies and screens aren’t completely fried and NLA. That will be my
user experience.

--FT
Sent from iFōn