The Idea of buying a rental car is hard to fathom. I guess mentally it is a
bit like the idea of marrying an ex-prostitute (sorry about the sexism).

There was an article in the National Lampoon Magazine in the mid 1970's
titled "How to drive fast on drugs while getting your @#$%^%$# squeezed with
out spilling your drink." It was a very typical product of the National
Lampoon at the time. One of the references in it was a discussion on whether
rear or front engine cars handled best. The answer was that rented cars
handled best "rental cars will go around corners faster that any other car.
They also will go into reverse at higher rates of speed ."oh yeah some thing
about stellar off road capability. When ever I here of the idea of
purchasing a used rental car I always remember that article.

These days when I rent a car I treat it well however, 20 +  years ago I was
a field engineer in the computer industry. Traveled a lot and rented a lot
of cars. All I can say about that is I would want to discuss the statue of
limitation with a lawyer before divulging how they were driven.

George Larribeau
Dallas Texas

1985 300SD 207K
1987 HD FLHTC 90K, Bent &2 I
1984 Motoguzzi Cal -2 80K
1972 Motoguzzi Ambassador LOTS
1965 Chevy C-10 pick up truck lots of miles 3rd small block ..(Extra
 Ugly,but runs)

1993 BMW 323i  125K (Wife's Car)
1967 BMW R50/2 (Wife's MC, currently in a Basket, Getting Better)