On Apr 1, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Klaus Major wrote:

I noticed that with engine 3.5 the shortcuts e.g. the script editor
like CMD-M or "CMD-F"
etc. do not work anymore?

The shortcuts are apparently directed to the "MC Menubar" and CMD-M
will open/close the
message box, CMD-F will open the MC "Find" dialog and NOT the script
find dialog.

This did work with 3.0.

Someone else noticed this?

I only got one response to my important question, thanks Hugh.
Could you please check this and give a short notice?

I can confirm (Mac OS X) that with latest 3.5 engine CMD-F in script editor now opens "Find" dialog and NOT "Script find" dialog. BTW since 3.0 the "Script find" dialog is now NOT resizable and twice as long as it was before. While you are on this, can you please make it resizable again?

to take care of geometry you can do something like this..

-----
vertical min and max is set to 100
horizontal min is set to 200

script of card

on resizeStack x,y
  set the rect of fld "find Text" to 104,12,x-110,36
  set the right of button "find next" to the right of card 1 - 11
  set the right of button "done" to the right of card 1 - 11
end resizeStack
-----

Also, in current IDE we have..

-----
the script of card 1 of stack "MetaCard Menu Bar"

  if the platform contains "Mac" then
    set the loc of this stack to the screenloc
  else
    set the loc of this stack to 320,67
  end if
  insert script of button "menuButton" into front
  insert script of button "newobj" into back
  if the defaultMenubar is empty
  then set the defaultMenubar to "MetaCard Menu Bar"
if the platform is "MacOS" and char 1 of the systemVersion is "1" then
    set the textFont of this stack to "Lucida Grande"
    set the textSize of this stack to 13
  else if the platform is "Win32" then
    set the textFont of this stack to "Verdana"
    set the textSize of this stack to 11
  end if

First, personally I don't think we should force "tool palette" to screenloc and second and most important, can you please change

 set the textFont of this stack to "Lucida Grande"
    set the textSize of this stack to 13

 set the textFont of this stack to "Lucida Grande"
    set the textSize of this stack to 11

which is default and more acceptable font size for Mac

-------

Jacque,

When I was doing 3.5 installation with your tool "metacard_setup.mc" (great stack and very helpful), I got script error on "revPathtoApplescript" function.

on displayOSXfolder pFolderPath,pAction -- open or close the Finder folder to force icon update
  put revPathtoApplescript(pFolderPath) into tFolder  -- <-- error

When I was using it, no Rev IDE was running and it could not find the function around and throw the error

-------------

I need to know for the next release of the MC IDE and act accordingly
if necessary.
Maybe I will add some buttons and/or change the shortcuts or any other
workaround
if there is any.

Hints very welcome! Thanks!

No hints at this moment but the goofy workaround would be to add the following mini handler to the script of card 1 of stack "script editor"

on commandkeydown x
  if x = "f" then
send "doFind" && word 2 of the name of this stack & "," && the selectedtext to stack "Script Find"
  else
    pass commandkeydown
  end if
end commandkeydown

In my brief test it reversed behavior to "normal"

I already created a palette for the new datagrid and will relase this
as a plug-in
on the weekend

That's a great news, THANKS.

(hopefully, since I have a gigantic cold, pass me the
hankies...)

:(

Later I will try to implement this into the properties palette but
that may require that
I make this palette a bit higher, from 208 pixel to 264.

I think we can live with this

absolutely, but how difficult it would be to make it dynamically resize to 264 for Grid and back to 208 for other controls ?

if I also make some changes to e.g. the
field "Tooltip" so we
can finally enter more than one line and maybe add a "antialias" for
graphics.

NICE

Best regards
Tariel