Hi Tariel

thanks for your feedback!

A bit more feedback wouldn't hurt however (Hint, HInt! :-)

On Apr 1, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Klaus Major wrote:

I noticed that with engine 3.5 the shortcuts e.g. the script editor
like CMD-M or "CMD-F" etc. do not work anymore?

The shortcuts are apparently directed to the "MC Menubar" and CMD-M
will open/close themessage box, CMD-F will open the MC "Find" dialog
and NOT the script find dialog.This did work with 3.0.Someone else noticed this?

I only got one response to my important question, thanks Hugh.
Could you please check this and give a short notice?
I can confirm (Mac OS X) that with latest 3.5 engine CMD-F in script editor now opens "Find" dialog and NOT "Script find" dialog.

The debug shortcuts are also not accessible which is even worse!

I will write a mail to "supp...@runrev.com" before I start making
evil hacks in the script editor, maybe they have a VERY clever workaround ;-)

BTW since 3.0 the "Script find" dialog is now NOT resizable and twice as long as it was before.
While you are on this, can you please make it resizable again?

:-)

to take care of geometry you can do something like this..
-----
vertical min and max is set to 100
horizontal min is set to 200
script of card
on resizeStack x,y
 set the rect of fld "find Text" to 104,12,x-110,36
 set the right of button "find next" to the right of card 1 - 11
 set the right of button "done" to the right of card 1 - 11
end resizeStack
-----

Thanks!

Also, in current IDE we have..
-----
the script of card 1 of stack "MetaCard Menu Bar"
 if the platform contains "Mac" then
   set the loc of this stack to the screenloc
 else
   set the loc of this stack to 320,67
 end if
 insert script of button "menuButton" into front
 insert script of button "newobj" into back
 if the defaultMenubar is empty
 then set the defaultMenubar to "MetaCard Menu Bar"
if the platform is "MacOS" and char 1 of the systemVersion is "1" then
   set the textFont of this stack to "Lucida Grande"
   set the textSize of this stack to 13
 else if the platform is "Win32" then
   set the textFont of this stack to "Verdana"
   set the textSize of this stack to 11
 end if
First, personally I don't think we should force "tool palette"

the "... to the screenloc" relates to stack "MetaCard Menu Bar", which is not
opened at all on the Mac, except for editing!

to screenloc and second and most important, can you please change
set the textFont of this stack to "Lucida Grande"
   set the textSize of this stack to 13

set the textFont of this stack to "Lucida Grande"
   set the textSize of this stack to 11

which is default and more acceptable font size for Mac

Sure, any objections from other users?

I need to know for the next release of the MC IDE and act accordingly
if necessary.
Maybe I will add some buttons and/or change the shortcuts or any other
workaround if there is any.
Hints very welcome! Thanks!

No hints at this moment but the goofy workaround would be to add the following mini handler to the script of card 1 of stack "script editor"

on commandkeydown x
 if x = "f" then
send "doFind" && word 2 of the name of this stack & "," && the selectedtext to stack "Script Find"
 else
   pass commandkeydown
 end if
end commandkeydown
In my brief test it reversed behavior to "normal"

See above, will ask the mothership first.

I already created a palette for the new datagrid and will relase this
as a plug-in on the weekend
That's a great news, THANKS.

Indeed! :-D

(hopefully, since I have a gigantic cold, pass me the
hankies...)

:(

Later I will try to implement this into the properties palette but
that may require that
I make this palette a bit higher, from 208 pixel to 264.
I think we can live with this
absolutely, but how difficult it would be to make it dynamically resize to 264 for Grid and back to 208 for other controls ?

Hm, a bit more elaborate that you might think, since I have the prop palette at the bottom
of my screen wehile others may have it somewhere else...

I will see what I can do.

if I also make some changes to e.g. the
field "Tooltip" so we can finally enter more than one line and maybe
add a "antialias" for graphics.

NICE

Best regards
Tariel