My experience with ZFS (FreeNAS for the most part) is that it becomes more
"expensive" to expand your pool after the fact (for a couple of different
reasons, see below), but if 5TB is all you're ever going to need in this
specific case, I think you should be fine and can take advantage of ZFS
features like you said.

I have sources for this at home (a couple of articles and link to a forum
thread), but these are saved on my desktop at home. Just let me know and
I'll share them with you later.