Richard Stallman wrote:
>     RMS' statement that OpenBSD endorses non-free software goes too far,
>
> What I said is that the ports system contains recipes for installing
> non-free software.

Just a quick question then: what about Debian GNU/Linux?
(note the GNU part there)

$ apt-cache show msttcorefonts
 This package allows for easy installation of the Microsoft True Type
 Core Fonts for the Web including:

Or just check all the packages that are '*-nonfree', eg
flashplugin-nonfree and of course never forget all the nice things like
nvidia drivers along with all kinds of other installers. (zaptel drivers
anyone? :)

Should I take this that you don't endorse Debian, and thus also Ubuntu
and other deriviatives, either, as you are now stating that these
contain 'recipes for non-free software'?

One freedom that the GNU/GPL part of this world is forgetting is the
freedom to decide yourself what you want to do with something, instead,
especially with GPL you get forced to do a lot of things. This is
especially horrible when a developer wants to release code into the
public but then gets whining people on his neck complaining about
licensing issues, as it is not their license and thus is not good
enough. Blergh.

Greets,
 Jeroen
  (who just sticks BSD licenses on 'code I give away' and everything
else is nice and commercial and closed source: pay for it first)

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]