On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Brian Matherly <pez4br...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,

>>> Thank you, Brian! You are definitely on the right track. I went ahead
>>> and committed what you have because it is at least mostly correct,
>>> just as helpful as anything else, and one step closer to eliminating
>>> services.txt. I will continue to review tonight and revise as needed.
>>
>>Take a look at my last commit that contains my revisions for some
>>conventions. Besides functional property corrections:
>>- Only capitalize first word of title
>>- Usage of '>' vs '|' for text blocks. '|' is for pref-formatted text
>>and '>' collapses whitespace. '>' can contain multiple paragraphs: use
>>a blank line between them containing indent-number of space
>>characters.
>

> I can easily adopt your suggested conventions moving forward.
>

> A couple of questions:
> * Should we include "in" and "out" point properties for all services? Right
> now it is inconsistent (some include it, some don't). I expect that all
> services have in/out point properties (except possibly device based producers
> and consumers).

Ya know, I have been wondering the same myself. These properties are
generic and already documented with Doxygen. I would really appreciate
a cleanup patch that removes from all existing yml: in, out, length,
resource, and aspect_ratio.

> * Would you consider renaming " /src/modules/gtk2/filter_rescale.c" to
> "filter_gtkrescale.c"? Then it would match the name it is registered with in
> gtk2/factory.c. That way, when I create filter_gtkrescale.yml, the name will
> match the file it applies to. I can supply a patch if you want.

I have kind of been intentionally avoiding metadata for normalization
filters since they are not intended to be used directly. See
src/modules/core/loader.ini for the list of normalization filters.
These get applied to each producer automatically. However, there are
some exceptions like crop that are used in two ways: one as the image
processor and another to simply apply properties (as an alternative to
using, e.g., set.crop.top on the producer).

> * Is there a release imminent that it would be worth getting these all done
> before? If so, what's the deadline?

Yes, there is. I want to make a release this Sunday. But don't sweat
it. There are no applications really dependent upon this at the moment
for its functionality.

--
+-DRD-+