On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Brian Matherly <pez4br...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I've completed the transver of service metadata from services.txt to the yml
> files. You can pull the commit from here:
> https://github.com/pez4brian/mlt/commit/e3d5835f3a976c0d68f3af9f91b4a888294b3ebc

Thanks, Brian

> Here are some notes about things that didn't transfer:
>
> * producer loader in services.txt not copied anywhere.

ok, it is special - not meant to be used directly.

> * filter gtkrescale in services.txt not copied anywhere. (normalizing
> filter)

Maybe we will eventually add metadata for special services and tag
them appropriately in order to document them, but I want to get the
more user-facing ones done first.

> * Discrepencies between filter luma yml and services.txt:
>    - filter_luma.yml includes "cycle" and "duration" with default 25
>    - services.txt includes "period" with default 24

This is intentional. services.txt is not authoritative; the source
code is. I went through your previous batch and made changes. I will
do the same with this most recent batch.

> * filter resample in services.txt not copied anywhere. (normalizing filter)
> * filter rescale in services.txt not copied anywhere. (normalizing filter)
> * filter resize in services.txt not copied anywhere. (normalizing filter)

ok

> * transition composite in services.txt not copied anywhere.

I guess that is because you did not get around to it?

> * "dependencies" listed for each module in services.txt are not carried over
> to the .yml files.

That is fine.

> I've taken it as far as I can without further guidance. Please let me know
> if there is anything else I can do to help with this effort.

Maybe do those special normalizing filters and put a "Hidden" tag on them.

--
+-DRD-+