On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Brian Matherly <pez4br...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dan,
>
>>> I added all the normalizing filters. For each, I added a "visibililty" tag
>>> and set it to
>>> "hidden".
>>
>>You should not arbitrarily add new keys. There is a schema for this
>>that it violates: src/framework/metaschema.yaml. (This is also why I
>>changed your previous parameter types from "double" to "float," and
>>your "bugs" text blocks into a list of text items.) There is already a
>>tags key, you should just add the value "Hidden" to the list of
>>existing tags.
>

> There's a schema? Cool. That helps a lot. I validated all the files (there
> were a few that failed). I also added a make target that validates all .yml
> files: "make validate-yml". Try it out.

very nice, dude! The website is updated now using the ruby script:
src/swig/ruby/metadata.rb

> I added a "Hidden" tag as you suggested to the services which it makes sense
> to hide.
>

>>> Of course, that doesn't actually hide it.
>>
>>It is the responsibility of the apps to filter views based on tags.
>

> melt is an application. Would you be interested in a patch for melt to filter
> out properties for services that are tagged "Hidden"? Or maybe it makes sense
> for melt to show all services.

I would like them to be hidden when you do a '-query filters' to list
them but still be able to query a specific hidden filter to get its
info.

>>> So I also commented out the MLT_REGISTER_METADATA() call in the
>>> corresponding factory.c file. If you uncomment those registrations, they
>>> all work.
>>
>>They should not be commented out.
>

> Fixed. Try this one instead:
> https://github.com/pez4brian/mlt/commit/5b7b68a015e1024d4208078a47b14be792aee965
> With this commit, all information from services.txt is now in .yml files.
>

> BTW: Any ideas how we should flag deprecated properties for
> transition_composite (start, end, key[F]) as deprecated? They are listed in
> services.txt as deprecated. But I didn't know how to carry that over into the
> .yml file.

Add a "(deprecated)" to the beginning of the description.

--
+-DRD-+