From: Tommy Barr
Sent: Thursday, 9 July 2015 11:25
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Reply To: Tommy Barr
Subject: Re: [MOPO] HA shipping costs

Thanks to Michael for responding to my query. I will provide fuller details of my grievances in due course, but in the meantime feel obliged to deal with some of the other comments. I have no wish to cause offence here but it is possible that offence will be taken - if that is the case my apologies in advance, but I do not want to start a slanging match.
I asked anyone with international shipping from HA to get in touch with me, and so far only Michael has. He has what he perceives to be a genuine grievance, yet others with apparently no direct experience of the issue in hand seem very willing to accuse him of bellyaching unjustly about shipping costs, which might prevent others with similar problems from contributing.  I have noted during my relatively short time as a MOPO member that there is a tendency to revere Heritage in general and Grey Smith in particular. The latter certainly seems to have friends and allies on the site. I do not know Mr Smith apart from exchanging some emails, but he is the director of a very influential and successful auction house, so deserves some respect. That does not, however, exempt Heritage from criticism, and I think international shipping is one area where there is, to say the least, some confusion. As I said, more on that later, but in the meantime all I ask is that the matter is allowed to be aired fairly and without prejudice.

Tommy