> Am 09.07.2015 um 13:28 schrieb Simon Oram <fab5fre...@btinternet.com>:
>
> Look Heritage's shipping charges for the weekly slots are expensive for
> overseas buyers on cheap items or items that you thought you got for a
> bargain price , so move on and don't buy from them anymore or better still
> set up an address in the US to get all your stuff sent there, if you can.
>
> What more do want?

Simon,

with all due respect, but I also had my grievances with Heritage's shipping
department in the past… Several years ago, they had GREAT rates with Fedex,
two-day international delivery, for less money than USPS Priority Mail.

Unfortunately, the Heritage shipping department was repeatedly unable to give
me ANY estimate upfront. Nobody over there was able or willing to tell me, what
the best option for my deliveries would've been. In consequence, I had to make
a blind choice, and pay whatever they charged me.

I mean, we're not talking about a couple of bucks here: Take a $10 poster
purchase, with buyer's premium you're at roughly $25, add $40 for shipping and
19% import tax, you end up paying $77 for what started out as a $10 poster.

In consequence, I complete gave up bidding on low-key items with Heritage,
since they usually ended up costing me WAY too much money.

On a related topic: I guess I am somewhat sensitive about shipping costs, but I
still have to see the reason why so many ebay sellers feel they are untitled to
grant themselves a substantial premium for shipping outside the US. None of
those guys would dare to charge $25 for a domestic package, that costs them $5
to ship, yet they have no hesitation to charge $40 for an international
package, that costs less than $20 to ship.

Also, the common shipping option I see listed is Priority Mail International.
For most of my incoming packages, that's a waste of money. It DOES take an
extra click on the USPS website to find the cost for First Class Mail
International, and one more click to choose the free 'delivery confirmation'
option, which will provide full tracking all the way to Germany. Then again,
why go the extra mile and ship for $20, when you can make your buyer pay $40
and ship Priority?

Helmut
         Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com