Since March 2012, I have bought a total of 182 items from HA, ranging in
price from $16 to $621. They have obviously posted many packages to me in
that time, and mostly without any complaint on my part about shipping
costs. Recently, however, I have had cause to question the cost. The last
shipment I received was initially invoiced to me at $147.06, which I
queried. I was informed that HA had charged me at Fedex retail rate and not
their discounted rate, so the invoice was reduced to $103.25. Even so, that
was expensive for a small box of  folded posters, especially considering
that the  previous charge from HA was for 3 packages sent together
containing a mixture of rolled and folded  (approx. 11 folded, 3 rolled
including 1 linenbacked, 3 lobby cards) for which I was charged the not
entirely unreasonable amount of  $122.75. I asked that they quote me for
shipping before sending any future packages, and I received a quote
(comparing like for like) of $221.97. That was for 13 folded and 1 rolled
(linenbacked) poster, similar to that previous shipment in size but almost
$100 more. I asked for a breakdown of the cost on 20th June but received no
reply until yesterday, when I was sent exactly the same quote with no
reference to my query. (As a matter of interest, the value of the posters
in question is just over $1,000 so not, as Simon deemed to suggest, cheap
purchases.) I buy from several other U.S. dealers and have found their
postage costs to be reasonable, and certainly never as expensive as
Heritage. I have been willing to pay their shipping charges, however, as
obviously they have an attractive offer, in the same way most people are
prepared to pay their buyers’ premium even though other online poster
auctions don’t have one. In this instance, though,  I find it totally
unacceptable, which is why I have asked other MOPO members if they have had
similar experiences. Why some have a problem with that I fail to
understand. If MOPO exists to allow collectors to discuss matters of
importance to members (and they don't all live in USA) and not simply for
advertising sales, then surely the business practices of one of the hobby’s
biggest players is a matter for discussion?

Tommy