Hi Marsha,

Marsha:
I just don't get the insistence on MY free-will.  As far as the
ethical considerations, these statements make the most sense to me.

> "Dharma, like rta, means 'what holds together.' It is the basis of all order.
> It equals righteousness. It is the ethical code. It is the stable condition
> which gives man perfect satisfaction.
>
> "Dharma is duty. It is not external duty which is arbitrarily imposed by
> others. It is not any artificial set of conventions which can be amended or
> repealed by legislation. Neither is it internal duty which is arbitrarily
> decided by one's own conscience. Dharma is beyond all questions of what is
> internal and what is external. Dharma is Quality itself, the principle of
> 'rightness' which gives structure and purpose to the evolution of all life
> and to the evolving understanding of the universe which life has created."
>
>        (LILA, Chapter 30)
>
> So MU.

Steve:
NIce job digging up this quote. I love how it specifically backs our
point that dropping internal/external considerations like SOM free
will/determism do not negate moral structure and purpose. It is
irrelevant to duty--what dmb surely means by moral responsibility.

Best,
Steve