She seems like an interesting woman who led a full life though her writing
style is not quite my cup of tea. Doing a bit of research I see William
James was one of her teachers and mentors. He encouraged her writings
though apparently they were never quite on the same page, so to speak.
Thank you for the reference.

I would say words always have meaning, otherwise they're gibberish. Now,
whether or not they convey the intended meaning is questionable if taken
out of context.

Also, I think the MOQ would say we are continually defining not only words
but all static patterns that arise from experience. You may want to define
'writing.' I for one am not particularly captivated by the German language
though I do from time to time use Google Translator to discover what
someone is trying to say to me.

--
http://www.danglover.com