From: killer blade [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 28 June 2001 12:56
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MD Real Libertarians Please Stand Up

Greetings all!

I hope you don't mind me butting in here but I've just joined the list and
am eager to participate in the discussions. I have just finished reading
Lila dn I read Zena nd the the art last year. Pirsig is the world's greatest
living philosopher imnsho and he has much of relevance to say to all today's
problems.

wrt the discussion on guns it is clear that the more guns you have the more
people will get shot! Hey I ddon't have to be a genius to figure that out.
The key to understanding this is: TO KILL A PERSON IS TO DESTROY A SOURCE OF
THOUGHT. Now I don't support the actions of the likes of Timonty McVeigh but
it is clear that he should not have been executed, because he was a SOURCE
OF THOUGHT.

For society to grow and prosper we must heed PIrsig's ideas and evolve
beyond archaic ideas of revenge as a means of justice

KB